#SMLiveECI Webcast #24 Recap: Betty Brennan (Taylor Studios, Inc.)
Part 1 – Interview with Betty Brennan
Betty Brennan of Taylor Studios joins us on #SMLiveECI! Betty is the co-founder, president, and owner of Taylor Studios, Inc, an interpretive planning, exhibit design, and fabrication firm based out of Rantoul, Illinois. In 2000, Taylor Studios was named among the 500 fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine. They create experiences for their clients by telling community stories in engaging ways for visitors of places like museums, nature centers, zoos, and corporate lobbies all across the country. Their projects can be found in the likes of Adler Planetarium, the Marine Museum, WWII Museum, and the Pentagon. Betty shares hers passion behind starting Taylor Studios from the company's humble beginnings to where it is today. She also highlights Taylor Studio's social media strategy and how they incorporate their team's diverse skill sets in communicating their company's amazing work.
- Taylor Studios Website
- Taylor Studios Facebook
- Taylor Studios Twitter
- Slayervile Productions: Halloween Season Haunt
Part 2 – Wrap up and Announcements
Social Media Headlines:
- Twitter unveils emergency alert system
- Tweets using pic.twitter.com are 94% more likely to be Retweeted
- The Beginners Guide to Hashtag
- #Hashtag Parody w/ Jimmy Kimmel and Justin Timberlake
- Hacked: What do you do when you Spam Twitter?
Local Social Media News:
- The Illinois Green Business Association (IGBA) is using the crowdfunding site Razoo to garner support for their mission to make Illinois the greenest state to do business and to highlight their upcoming Illinois Green Summit. <Learn More>
- Share your ideas with Friends of the Boneyard to help create outdoor green spaces in Downtown Urbana via the crowd-sourcing platform Popularise <Learn More>
- Learn more about the initiatives of IGBA and Friends of the Boneyards in Carl’s recent blog post.
- Next #SMLiveECI Webcast: Gordy Hulten, Champaign County Clerk (Oct 15)
- Social Media Club Chambana: Setting up Social Media Contests (Oct 17)
- Social Media Club Chambana November Tweetup (Nov 14)
- The Business Case of Sustainability: Hosted by Tim Montague & Cassie Carroll (Oct 23)
Learn more about #SMLiveECI: Social Media Webcast and watch other episodes: http://www.carlcatedral.com/smliveeci/
Image: Taylor Studios, Inc Facebook