#SMLiveECI Webcast #23 Recap: Attorney Mark Palmer
Part 1 – Interview with Attorney Mark Palmer
Attorney Mark Palmer joins us on #SMLiveECI to discuss social media, blogging, and his involvement in the Champaign-Urbana community. Mark is an adjunct professor at the University of Illinois, coach of the Trial Team, and an attorney at Evans, Froehlich, Beth, & Chamley. Hear how Mark uses social media to advocate for local community events and to stay posted on local and national breaking news. He also shares insights on how to get started with blogging and tips to keep your audience engaged. Mark is a contributor to a travel blogging community known as first2board.com, where he writes about two of his biggest passions: travel and law. His blog is thus appropriately named travelblawg. Mark also shares about his involvement in several local community organizations such as the Champaign-Urbana One-to-One Mentoring Program, a mentoring program for the public schools in the area.
Part 2 – Wrap up and Announcements
- The Illinois Green Business Association (IGBA) is using the crowdfunding site Razoo to garner support for their mission to make Illinois the greenest state to do business and to highlight their upcoming Illinois Green Summit. <Learn More>
- Share your ideas with Friends of the Boneyard to help create outdoor green spaces in Downtown Urbana via the crowd-sourcing platform Popularise <Learn More>
- Learn more about the initiatives of IGBA and Friends of the Boneyards in Carl's recent blog post.
- Next #SMLiveECI Webcast: Betty Brennan of Taylor Studios (Oct 8)
- Social Media Club Chambana: Setting up Social Media Contests (Oct 17)
- News Gazette: 5th Birthday Tweetup (Oct 5)
- Social Media Club Chambana November Tweetup (Nov 14)
- The Business Case of Sustainability: Hosted by Tim Montague & Cassie Carroll (Oct 23)
Learn more about #SMLiveECI: Social Media Webcast and watch other episodes: http://www.carlcatedral.com/smliveeci/
Image: Mark Palmer Facebook